Our housing stabilization services help people address the many problems that lead to housing crises. Professional housing specialists offer information, referrals, case management and other services to renters facing short-term crises.
Longer-term, more intensive services are also available for families working toward self-sufficiency who have a member of their family living with a disability.
Housing Resources, Inc. is proud to be a United Way Agency and collaborates with many United Way partners to provide housing solutions for residents of Kalamazoo County.
HRI provides families who experienced homelessness in the past much needed post-shelter supports. With financial pressures reduced, participants take advantage of a constructive and supportive environment to increase the skills and emotional stability to build independent lives including:
- Supportive services to address the barriers creating their housing crisis and promoting self-sufficiency such as collaborating with community agencies to provide:
- Financial/Household Management
- Employment Referrals
- Agency Referrals and Collaboration
- Rent subsidies based on funding availability.
- Establishment of individual goal plans and family success plans to prepare and maintain affordable housing of their own.
- Permanent housing placement assistance.
- Follow-up services.